Monday, July 20, 2009

No band today :(

Today has been so weird for me. Over the weekend I wasnt feeling well and finally yesterday I called and cancelled my surgery. Ive been so torn since then. I didnt even get a call back from the doc but the nurse did call me 2 times today. I missed her calls then she was already gone for the day.

Im torn because I wonder if the surgery is right for me. I feel like I couldnt even handle the pre-op diet so for me I cheated. Not really cheated but I did. My dreams of a 15-20 lb weightloss during pre-op have come and gone. My doc doesnt have another appointment until September I found out last week during a conversation with the insurance coordinator.

I dont know what to do. I worry about have the band in my body for SO many years I hopefully have left in my life (could be 50!) - if I lose weight, if not, who knows?

Today was supposed to be the first day to the rest of my life...NOT!!! :(

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your indecision. It is a big (lifelong) decision but at least you know the band can be removed. Gastric bypass is so much more permanent. I get great comfort at the monthly support group meeting my doctor's office sponsors. You should definitely get involved in one if you have something like that in your area. This fear isn't irrational, but I'm sure talking with others who felt EXACTLY the same might help. I was supposed to be be banded on 7/20 and got pneumonia and now I have to wait until Aug 27. I have no regrets, fears or hesitations, but I'm older and know that this is what I need to HELP me get healthier and to a more normal weight. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for what you are going through. I also have also worried about being so young and being banded, but have confidence in that it can be removed if problems occur. You need to do what is best for you, and only you know that. Listen to your body, and I have no doubts that you will make the right decision! Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete